August 17, 2018
The PECG Bargaining Team and CalHR (representing the State) were at the table again this week in pursuit of a new Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Unit 9. Just as a reminder, all of the contract proposals to date – from both PECG and CalHR – would make all of the provisions of the new MOU retroactive to July 1, 2018. The 2015-18 MOU remains in effect until agreement is reached on a new contract. Your Bargaining Team appreciates your support and patience as negotiations continue.
PECG’s Corporate Officer ballots were counted this afternoon and the results have been certified by the PECG Elections Committee. Joe Mello has been elected as PECG Corporate President Elect for the next year. Mello is a Senior Engineering Geologist at the Central Valley Water Board in Sacramento. The current President Elect, Cathrina Barros, a Senior Transportation Engineer in Caltrans Headquarters in Sacramento, becomes President. Sutida Bergquist, PECG’s current President and a Senior Sanitary Engineer with the Water Resources Control Board in Glendale, becomes Past President.
Here are the winners of the other PECG Corporate Offices:
- Matt Hanson – Vice President, Collective Bargaining and Chair of the Bargaining Team. Hanson is a Caltrans Transportation Engineer in Sacramento.
- Steve Lee – Vice President, Supervisory and Chair of the Meet and Confer Team. Lee is a Senior Transportation Engineer in Sacramento.
- Wasim Ali – Vice President, At Large. Ali is an Air Resources Engineer with the Air Resources Board in Sacramento.
- Jane Pham – Corporate Secretary. Pham is a Caltrans Transportation Engineer in San Bernardino.
- Brian Simon – Corporate Treasurer. Simon is a Caltrans Transportation Engineer in Eureka.
Congratulations to the new Corporate Officers! They will be installed on September 8 and serve for one year. Special thanks to the PECG Elections Committee (Ferdinand de la Cruz – Chair, Hamid Khorram, Kim Smith and Ed Yarbrough) for their time and good work in overseeing the ballot count.