2016 Scholarship Winners
PECG congratulates the following PECG Scholarship winners for 2016.
Salim Y. Bouzid
Andrea M. Hatai
Patrick J. Myers
2017 PECG Scholarship Program
The Professional Engineers in California Government (PECG) is proud to offer up to 15 scholarships, in the amount of $1,000 each, as a member-only benefit for PECG members and their dependents who are currently enrolled in a college or university in a PECG-related field of study.
PECG represents 13,000 state-employed engineers and related professionals responsible for designing and inspecting California’s highways and bridges, ensuring that schools and hospitals are safe during earthquakes, and protecting our air, water and beaches. PECG continually strives to provide quality benefits to our members.
2017 PECG Scholarships will be awarded in Summer 2017.
No one may receive this scholarship more than once per lifetime.
The application deadline is TBD.
To be eligible for a PECG scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Student must be a PECG member; PECG retired member; and/or a PECG member dependent. A dependent is considered a spouse or child of a PECG member or a PECG retired member.
- Student must be currently enrolled and attending an accredited college or university. This includes community college.
- Student must be currently enrolled at least half time (minimum of six units).
- Student must be pursuing a degree in a PECG related field of study – engineering or related professional field represented by PECG.
- Student must hold at least a 2.5 overall grade point average (GPA).
Award selection will be based on the following factors:
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Work/Volunteer Experience
- Letter of Recommendation
- 2017 Scholarship Application (will be posted here in Spring 2017)
- Official or Unofficial Transcript which includes cumulative GPA (please note, before checks are distributed to recipients of awards, an official transcript will be required by TBD. If the official transcript is not received by TBD, scholarship award will be rescinded).
- Current class schedule for Spring 2017 semester/Winter quarter which shows number of units enrolled
- Dated letter of recommendation from someone not related to you (for example, professor, supervisor, community leader)
Applications and required documents must be received by TBD at:
Professional Engineers in California Government
455 Capitol Mall, Suite 501
Sacramento, CA 95814
Fax: (916) 446-0489