2018 PECG Scholarship Program
The Professional Engineers in California Government (PECG) is proud to offer up to 15 scholarships, ranging from $3000 to $500 each, as a member-only benefit for PECG members and their dependents who are currently enrolled in a college or university in a PECG-related field of study. PECG intends to award the scholarships in the following amounts: $3000 (one), $2000 (one), $1500 (one), $1000 (five), $500 (seven).
PECG represents 13,000 state-employed engineers and related professionals responsible for designing and inspecting California’s highways and bridges, ensuring that schools and hospitals are safe during earthquakes, and protecting our air, water and beaches. PECG continually strives to provide quality benefits to our members.
2018 PECG Scholarships will be awarded in July.
No one may receive this scholarship more than once per lifetime.
The application deadline is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 4, 2018.
To be eligible for a PECG scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Student must be a PECG member; PECG retired member; and/or a PECG member dependent. A dependent is considered a spouse or child of a PECG member or a PECG retired member.
- Student must be currently enrolled and attending an accredited college or university. This includes community college.
- Student must be currently enrolled at least half-time (minimum of six units).
- Student must be pursuing a degree in a PECG related field of study – engineering or related professional field represented by PECG.
- Student must hold at least a 2.5 overall grade point average (GPA).
- Application and supporting documents must be typewritten.
Award selection is very competitive and will be based on the following factors:
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Work/Volunteer Experience
- Letter of Recommendation
- Scholarship Application
- Official or Unofficial Transcript which includes cumulative GPA (please note, before checks are distributed to recipients of awards, an official transcript will be required by July 11, 2018. If official transcript is not received by July 11, 2018, scholarship award will be rescinded).
- Current class schedule for Spring 2018 semester/quarter which shows number of units enrolled
- Dated letter of recommendation from someone not related to you (for example, professor, supervisor, community leader)
Applications and required documents must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 4, 2018 at:
Professional Engineers in California Government
455 Capitol Mall, Suite 501
Sacramento, CA 95814
Fax: (916) 446-0489